The True Italian Taste project is a large-scale educational and promotional initiative aimed at safeguarding authentic Italian food products in the United States, Canada and Mexico. The campaign’s primary objectives are to raise awareness of the benefits and characteristics of authentic Italian products and to educate consumers about the important connection between these authentic Italian ingredients and the specific geographic areas in which they are produced.
The project, funded and promoted by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, is being executed by a global network of Italian chambers of commerce, including the Italy-American Chamber of Commerce in New York, and its eight peer chambers in North America (Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Mexico City).
The “True Italian Taste” project aims to:
- Educate consumers about the benefits of true Italian products and the importance of the link between foods and the places they come from.
- Leverage the healthy qualities of true Italian food, promoting organic products, new nutri-free food, dietary supplements, and all Italian-made products certified for certain ethnic categories.
- Support Italian producers of certified, traditional, and niche products who would like to be better known on international markets, and reinforce/expand business opportunities for companies already present on world markets.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
Through educational tours, workshops, and seminars held in Italy and a series of master classes, conferences, and promotional events which take place in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, the “True Italian Taste” project encourages consumers and members of the hospitality and specialty food industries to choose and use authentic Italian products, while also illustrating the health benefits of true Italian food and its applications across different ethnicities and cuisines.
Upcoming Events 2022:
Stay tuned for new events coming soon!
Past Events: (Please click on the event title for more information, photos and/or videos.)
World Week of Italian Cuisine (Settimana della Cucina Italiana nel Mondo)
- Between November 16th-22n 2020, the following restaurants participated in the World Week of Italian Cuisine:
True Italian Taste: Master Class Series 2020-2022
- April 12 – True Italian Taste: Master Class “Boot” Camp with All’Antico Vinaio
- June 23 – Master Class “Boot” Camp on the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region
- June 1 – Master Class “Boot” Camp on the Molise Region
- May 18 – Master Class “Boot” Camp on the Calabria Region
- March 31 – Aperitivo Italiano Master Class
- March 23 – Master Class “Boot” Camp on the Tuscan Region
- February 16 – Master Class “Boot” Camp Veneto Region
- December 14 – Master Class “Boot” Camp Emilia-Romagna Region
- December 2 – Master Class “Boot” Camp Lombardy Region
- September 14 – Master Class “Boot” Camp on Piemonte Region
The Authentic Italian Table: Chef’s Table Dinner Series
The IACC was pleased to present a series of five Chef’s Table Dinners hosted in collaboration with Ospitalita’ Italiana-certified authentic Italian restaurants throughout the New York City area. These events, open to select members of the food media and trade, were aimed at promoting the benefits and value of high-quality Italian food products.
Each dinner featured a four-course menu prepared using PDO and PGI products from various regions in Italy, showcasing a range of regionally-sourced and produced food and beverage items. Participants had the opportunity to sample these authentic products and learned about the unique properties and traditional production methods of these ingredients from prominent chefs and food industry experts.
- June 2 – Levante
- June 3 – Lucciola Italian Restaurant
- June 4 – Osteria 57
- June 7 – Morso
- Cutting Edge Conversations Series
Past Events 2019: (Please click on the event title for more information, photos and/or videos.)
- International Specialty Food Summit (March 12-13, 2019)
- Authentic Italian Products Master Class Series
- Kowalski’s (February 12, 2019)
- Di Bruno Bros. (March 12, 2019)
- DeCicco’s (March 14, 2019)
- Halpern’s Steak and Gary’s Seafood of Central Florida (October 29-30, 2019)
- Ospitalità Italiana – The Authentic Italian Table (Thursday, May 30, 2019)
- Italian Restaurant Week (June 1-8, 2019)
- True Italian Taste Educational Tour in Umbria (June 3-7, 2019)
The “True Italian Taste” project is funded by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and executed by Assocamerestero, in collaboration with the Italian Chambers of Commerce Abroad, in order to raise awareness of and safeguard authentic Italian food products. “True Italian Taste” is part of the “Extraordinary Italian Taste” initiative.