The “True Italian Taste” project is a large-scale educational and promotional initiative aimed at safeguarding authentic Italian food products in the United States, Canada and Mexico. The campaign’s primary objectives are to raise awareness of the benefits and characteristics of authentic Italian products and to educate consumers about the important connection between these authentic Italian ingredients and the specific geographic areas in which they are produced.
The project, funded and promoted by the Italian Ministry of Economic Development, is being executed by a global network of Italian chambers of commerce, including the Italy-American Chamber of Commerce in New York, and its eight peer chambers in North America (Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Mexico City).
The “True Italian Taste” project aims to:
- Educate consumers about the benefits of true Italian products and the importance of the link between foods and the places they come from.
- Leverage the healthy qualities of true Italian food, promoting organic products, new nutri-free food, dietary supplements, and all Italian-made products certified for certain ethnic categories.
- Support Italian producers of certified, traditional, and niche products who would like to be better known on international markets, and reinforce/expand business opportunities for companies already present on world markets.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
Through educational tours, workshops, and seminars held in Italy and a series of master classes, conferences, and promotional events which take place in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, the “True Italian Taste” project encourages consumers and members of the hospitality and specialty food industries to choose and use authentic Italian products, while also illustrating the health benefits of true Italian food and its applications across different ethnicities and cuisines.
- International Specialty Food Summit (March 2020)
- Authentic Italian Products Master Class Series (Dates TBD)
- Ospitalità Italiana – The Authentic Italian Table (May 2020)
- Italian Restaurant Week (June 2020)
Past Events: (Please click on the event title for more information, photos and/or videos.)
- International Specialty Food Summit (March 12-13, 2019)
- Authentic Italian Products Master Class Series
- Kowalski’s (February 12, 2019)
- Di Bruno Bros. (March 12, 2019)
- DeCicco’s (March 14, 2019)
- Ospitalità Italiana – The Authentic Italian Table (Thursday, May 30, 2019)
- Italian Restaurant Week (June 1-8, 2019)
- True Italian Taste Educational Tour in Umbria (June 3-7, 2019)
The “True Italian Taste” project is funded by the Italian Ministry for Economic Development and executed by Assocamerestero, in collaboration with the Italian Chambers of Commerce Abroad, in order to raise awareness of and safeguard authentic Italian food products. “True Italian Taste” is part of the “Extraordinary Italian Taste” initiative.